Parenting is already hard and so anything that can ease the pressure on new or seasoned parents is always welcome. Strollers do the most in keeping the baby nested as you handle other tasks, and -let’s face it – shopping for groceries would be a nightmare without these lifesavers. We review ten of the best lightweight strollers on the market.
Reviews – Lightweight Strollers
10. Maclaren Mark II Style Set Stroller
This stroller is perfect for children aged six months or weighing around 55 pounds. It comes with a double position recline seat, center panel breathable mesh inserts, and an overall essential weight of eight pounds. It contains a high-grade chassis, sturdy ultralight fabric, and hexagonal aircraft-grade aluminum tubing. Also included is a rain cover that is fully resistant to wind, a buggy identification tag, and a coordinating seat liner. All the major stroller parts are easily replaceable too.
For protection from the elements, you also get an extendable waterproof sun canopy with an inbuilt sun visor. Maclaren provides a sovereign lifetime warranty within two months of your purchase and registration of the Mark II stroller.
- It contains a water-resistant canopy.
- It is made from sturdy and durable fabric.
- It is a lightweight product.
- Its wheels are made of plastic.
9. Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller
This stroller is a double-compartment carrier for your second child. With an overall weight of 22 pounds, this product is relatively light. It is a compact but highly maneuverable carrier in spite of its additional rear platform. The backbench to this Joovy Caboose stroller has a three-point harness for extra safety.
You will also have access to the accompanying universal car seat adapter as well as a parent organizer. However, beware of your backseat child mistaking the canopy for a handhold. In the case of a much younger second child, you can attach a compatible Caboose Rear Seat to your stroller. Joovy offers a two-year warranty with this product.
- It has a capacity for two – front seat and back platform.
- It is fully equipped for safety.
- It has an extended warranty period.
- Using the canopy as a handhold is forbidden.
8. Inglesina Net Stroller
This stroller is an elegantly designed Italian product that is ideal for traveling. It weighs only 11 pounds and consists of a collapsible double-position recline seat. It is perfect for three-month-old babies or toddlers up to a weight of fifty pounds. For your travel compatibility, the Inglesina Net Stroller has an integrated shoulder strap.
This stroller opens and closes quite easily with the capacity to maintain an upright position. The stroller also features a durable yet lightweight mesh that is sufficiently breathable, allowing for air circulation to cool your child. Besides, the UPF 50+ canopy protects your child from the harmful ultraviolet sun rays. All materials used to make the Inglesina Net stroller are washable, thus ensuring their durability.
- It is portable for all your travels.
- It is capable of one-handed maneuverability.
- It has a dependable air-conditioning.
- It is a high-end product hence expensive.
7. JOOVY New Groove Umbrella Stroller
This item is another quality stroller from Joovy with an almost flat recline seat that is ideal for your napping child. It can comfortably carry newborns and children up to a weight of 55 pounds or 44 inches in height. This carrier consists of a collapsible lightweight aluminum frame that gives the product an overall weight of only 14 pounds.
The accompanying canopy is UPF50+ for ultraviolet protection from the sun and contains a peek-a-boo window at the back. Also, the stroller has a compact umbrella fold, a zippered storage pocket, and two cup holders. For your child’s safety, the stroller has secure seat fasteners. An additional exterior carry-on strap makes this stroller portable too.
- At 14pounds, it is very light.
- It is compact in design.
- Has cup holders and an umbrella fold.
- It supports spot cleaning only.
6. Baby Trend Rocket Lightweight Stroller
This lightweight stroller from Baby Trend weighs a comfortable 13 pounds and is foldable into a compact form ideal for storage or travel. A child weighing 50 pounds can easily fit into this stroller due to its reasonably large carrying basket and canopy. It features a parent organizer, a comfort-grip handle, and a dual foot-activated parking brake within its overall structure.
There are two cup holders for your ideal beverage while moving around as well as a five-point safety harness. The stroller also comes with sturdy wheelsets arranged in pairs for each position for maximum shock absorption and a smooth ride. An accompanying canopy pocket is ideal for carrying books or your smartphone.
- It is a large stroller.
- It is compact for travel.
- It has a 5-point harness system for enhanced safety.
- Its canopy consists of somewhat loose fabric.
5. Jeep North Star Stroller
The Jeep North Star is a stroller produced by Delta Children. It prides itself on a padded seat capable of rolling up to expose a meshed backside for keeping your child fresh in warm weather. It also has a comfortable headrest formed from the rolled seat and offers smooth rides courtesy of its suspension wheels.
The Jeep North Star stroller has an extendable canopy fully equipped with a sun visor, wheels capable of swiveling independently of one another, and a 3-point safety harness. Also included with the carrier are a cup holder, a compact umbrella fold, calf support, and a footrest. For your ease of operation, it has long foam handles, a large storage basket, and easy-grip handlebars.
- Its wheels have adequate suspension.
- It is easily air-conditioned.
- It has ample storage basket for travel essentials.
- It is relatively expensive.
4. Pockit Lightweight Stroller
With a weight of 9.5 pounds, the Pockit stroller is arguably the most compact carrier featuring a unique two-step folding process. It can comfortably support 6-month old babies weighing up to 55 pounds with an additional weight capacity of 11 pounds in its storage basket. Its versatile harness system provides an extra layer of security for your toddler and is fully adjustable for your child’s height or body size. This Pockit stroller is capable of supporting single-handed steering, has lockable swivel wheels, and a parking brake for its rear wheels. It contains adjustable torso support in the sliding back panel, an adequate overhead canopy, a sturdy yet light aluminum frame, and padded handlebars too.
- It has an adjustable and secure harness system.
- It has swivel wheels for easy maneuverability.
- It is very lightweight.
- It lacks additional accessories due to its small size.
3. Chicco Mini Bravo Plus Lightweight Stroller
This lightweight stroller is compact enough to allow for sudden or unplanned carriage convenience. It is unique with a capacity for single-handed quick folds and free-standing handling. Its quickly accessible handle can activate compact folds in addition to its function as a weight-carrying device.
This stroller accepts most infant car seats with an additional click-in attachment. Its back seat has a reclining range of three different positions. Also included with the carrier are a child and parent trays as well as easy-grip handles. A zippered storage pocket and two cup holders contribute to its convenience too. The swivel wheels with their toe-tap brakes are responsible for smooth rides and secure parking.
- It is compatible with almost all infant car seats.
- It is lightweight and compact for quick access.
- It is made from durable materials.
- It has a minimal range of color choices.
2. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Travel Stroller
With an average weight of less than 12 pounds, this Kolcraft stroller is lightweight enough for quick travels, car vacations, and day trips. It is adaptable to self-standing and foldable using one hand, thus making it highly convenient. The reclining seat can fit toddlers weighing up to 40 pounds and 40 inches in height with a secure 5-point safety restraint system.
All other necessities should comfortably fit in the roomy storage basket beneath the stroller seat. A retractable tray with two bottle holders provides the caregiver with ample convenience during mobility. Beware of using this Kolcraft stroller on babies without full neck and head control. It applies only to children with the ability to sit upright and unaided.
- It has a large storage basket.
- It is compact and lightweight for quick access.
- Its swivel wheels allow for a smooth ride.
- It does not accommodate car seats.
1. Summer 3Dmini Convenience Stroller
This lightweight stroller weighs about 11 pounds and comprises of a long-lasting aluminum frame. Its shock-absorbing front wheels and lockable rear wheels allow for unimpeded rides. For its enhanced safety, the Summer 3Dmini stroller has an additional auto-lock function on its anti-shock front wheels. This stroller is convenient for running routine errands as well as your travel arrangements.
Its reclining seat is multi-positional for the child’s maximum level of comfort. Additionally, the stroller contains a 5-point safety harness, a padded back lining, and an overhead canopy complete with a sun visor. A rear storage pocket, a storage basket, and two cup holders provide you with extra storage for all your accessories.
- It has a durable aluminum frame.
- It contains an auto-lock safety feature.
- Its anti-shock wheels provide smooth rides.
- It has non-ergonomic handlebars that are prone to accidental slippage.
After going through all the features and functions outlined above, you should have all the necessary information in purchasing you’re the best lightweight stroller available. You may want to consider all these features carefully while being mindful of the cost too if that is a concern. Your ideal lightweight stroller should essentially have a majority of advantages with minimal constraints.
- Top 10 Best Baby Stroller Travel System in 2021
- Top 10 Best Stroller Wagon With Adjustable in 2021
- Top 10 Best Infant Car Seats in 2021
- Top 10 Best Bicycle Trailers in 2021
- Top 10 Best Convertible Car Seats In 2021 Reviews