The handheld steamers are compact and lightweight steamers useful for both travellers and home use. They come from different brands and have various features essential for straightening different fabrics. This article features the top ten best handheld steamers on the market today, and the buying guide to follow when choosing the right steamer.
Also read : Best Handheld Shower Heads
List Of Top 10 Best Handheld Steamers in 2021 Reviews
10. MECO Garment Steamer for Clothes
This is a 4 in 1 handheld steamers that you can utilize for steaming and ironing the clothes as well. The steamer comes with a relatively large water tank essential for heavy-duty steaming work. The water tank is removable for ease and convenience in filling up the water. This steamer is recommendable for people prone to travel as it does not take long to heat up. Just fill in water and turn it on, as it will only take about 40 or fewer seconds to heat up. The steamer has an anti-leakage mechanism on the tank for ensuring you don’t experience any leakage when ironing your clothes.
- Anti-leakage design
- Removable water tank
- This steamer is portable
- The steamer comes with a 12-month warranty
- It can iron multiple fabric materials
- The tank is easy to fill up
- The cord on this steamer is short, thus causing inconvenience to some people
9. Steamer for Clothes Travel and Home Portable Handheld Steamers
This is a great and versatile steamer that you can utilize both at home and for travel too. The steamer features a compact design that does not take much space in luggage bags. It is also light in weight for convenient carrying around. The steamer is compatible with ironing variety of clothes as you can use it on clothes and curtain among other garment accessories. The tank features an anti-leak lockage that allows you to iron clothes from different angles without experiencing any leakage. It is quite quick in heating up at it only takes about 20 to 25 seconds to heat up.
- The steamer takes 20 seconds to heat up
- It has a compact size
- Has a nano filter for protection
- This steamer is sold with a 3-year warranty
- The tank has anti-leakage
- The steamer is flexible as it can be used on different garments
- This steamer is no too powerful; hence may not work on hard fabrics like denim.
8. Deerma Travel Garment Steamer
This steamer is made in small size and lightweight form for comfortable holding with one hand while working. It features 7 different ironing angles and has a non-leakage mechanism for convenience when using it from different angles. This steamer features a foldable form for convenience in carrying or packing in a luggage bag. The steamer is made of aluminium alloy ironing plate that heats pretty fast for fast in removing wrinkles on the garments. The water tank is fitted at the top of the steamer and releases water automatically when in use to lessen your ironing job.
- It has 7-1 steamer modes
- The steamer can fold
- Has aluminium alloy plate
- This steamer is compatible with ironing clothes in different angles
- It is foldable to minimize the storage space when travelling
- The steamer is quite easy to work with
- The heating process takes about 10 seconds
- The water tank is quite small and thus, this steamer may take longer time to de-crease bulky garments
7. Handheld Steamers For Clothes
When it comes to the removal of wrinkles, this is one of the top best steamers compatible with all fabrics. The steamer has a powerful motor that fuels it to work on different garments, including the bulky ones. The heating-up time is estimated to be around 20 seconds making it convenient steamer for travellers. The handle of the steamer has an ergonomic design for comfortable holding when working. The steamer is small and light in weight for easy carrying around. The tank is tightly sealed to prevent any leakage and at the same time ensure a good flow of water when ironing.
- The steamer is light in weight
- It takes 20 seconds to heat up
- Compatible with different garments
- This steamer comes with long term customer care services
- It is ideal for all fabrics, including the delicate materials
- The steamer is light in weight for comfort holding to iron the clothes
- The steamer is quite affordable
- It does not have a water level indicator thus you may need to keep on checking the water level to prevent damaging the steamer.
6. Busy Piggy New Upgrade Handheld Steamers for Clothes
Although this handheld steamers has a small size form, rest assured it is reliable in removing wrinkles on different garments. It has a powerful motor that empowers to work fast and efficiently in removing wrinkles from different materials. The steamer has three working modes to choose from depending on the clothes or the level of wrinkles to remove. This feature also makes it a great option for delicate materials. The steamer has a total of 7 working modes to choose from. You can select from; steam iron, clean sterilize, treat among others.
- Has 7 different ironing modes
- The motor is quite powerful
- Has 3 working levels
- This steamer is recommendable for all materials, including silk and cotton
- It is light in weight for easy holding when ironing
- There are 7 settings to choose from
- The steamer has an auto shut mechanism when it runs out of water
- This steamer is a bit pricier than similar models
5. Rowenta DR8120 X-Cel Powerful Handheld Garment and Fabric Steamer
If you are looking for a steamer for heavy-duty ironing then this is the perfect unit to buy. It has a large water tank that can hold up to 20 millilitres of water for ironing services. The steamer is suitable for sanitizing clothes and refreshing the clothes as well. It sanitizes the clothes leaving them up to 99.9 per cent free of germs and other bacteria. This steamer is suitable for all forms of wrinkles as it removes even the deepest wrinkles and creases on the garments. The steamer is super easy to use and light in weight for comfort when holding. It is packed with other accessories such as a fabric brush and crease attachment for holding the clothes firmly.
- The steamer sanitizes the clothes
- It is light in weight
- Comes with other accessories
- Using this steamer is quite easy
- Helps remove the stubborn wrinkles
- It sanitizes and refreshes the clothe
- It comes with other reliable accessories,
- Some customers have complained about the steamer causing leakage when used in tilt angles.
4. Steamer Pro-Professional handheld Clothe steamer
Apart from the unique design of this steamer, it is made with premium materials that guarantee durability and excellent results. The steamer feature a compact design and lightweight for easy carrying around especially for travellers. It has a powerful motor that enables it to remove all types of wrinkles on the garments. It only takes about 15seconds to heat up and can be used on different garments to remove creases. This steamer is suitable for use at different angles as it has a strong lock mechanism to prevent any leakage. Note that this steam is compatible with a wide range of fabrics, including the delicate ones like silk or cotton.
- The steam takes 15 minutes to heat up
- It is light in weight
- The steamer is cordless
- This steamer does not spill water
- It is compatible with different fabrics
- The steamer comes with a lifetime warranty
- It has a powerful motor
- The water reservoir is not removable and maybe a bit uncomfortable to refill
3. ESTEAM Personal Handheld Steamers.
This powerful steamer eliminates the need to carry an iron or use one as it is capable of removing different types of creases from the clothes. It features has a powerful motor capable of removing different types of creases. The steamer has different settings for easy removable of different types of creases on different fabrics. It is super light in weight, thus working on a large number of clothes is super easy. The motor operates at 120 Volt for effective ironing without consuming much power in the house.
- The steamer is energy efficient
- Has different settings
- Can remove deep creases
- This steamer has an ergonomic design
- It is light in weight
- The steamer can be used on different fabric materials
- It has an ergonomically designed handle
- This steamer is quite expensive than other similar models
2. LANGRIA Touch Control garment Steamer
This steamer has a detachable water tank for convenience when refilling. It has a smart lock mechanism that prevents any leakage; hence, making it easy to iron from different angles. The steamer preheats pretty fast making it a reliable steamer for travellers. Note that this steamer has three de-wrinkling mechanics where you can either choose to steam or iron the clothes. It is quite easy to use and features a lightweight form for convenience when holding to work. The steamer comes with a long power cord to enable you iron from a distance.
- It has three setting mode to choose from
- The power cord is quite long
- It is light in weight
- This is a versatile steamer that you can use for steaming and ironing
- The water tank is removable for easy refilling
- Pre-heating time is estimated to be around 30 seconds
- The steamer comes with a warranty, including 30 days money return
- Some customers have complained about having difficulties using the steamer for the first time
1. BEAUTRAL Dual Voltage Travel Steamer
If you are looking for a convenient travelling steamer for removing wrinkles on your clothes then this is a great model to consider. It works fast and takes about 30seconds to heat up. The steamer has an auto-off mechanism in case the water runs out of the tank to prevent damage. It is made in small design for easy packing and carrying with other items. It is also made with an ergonomic design for easy and comfortable holding when working.
- The steamer features an ergonomic handle
- It has a water level indicator
- It takes little time to heat up
- This steamer is leak-proof thus, you can iron from different angles
- Using it is easy for all
- It is light in weight for comfort when working for long hours
- It is 100 percent safe for use on all garments as it has an automatic shut off when the water runs out.
- The water tank is not big; hence, may not work for ironing deeply wrinkled clothes.
What to look for when buying a handheld steamer
When it comes to choosing a good handheld to clothe steamer, there are a lot of things one needs to consider. The following is the buying guide to follow when buying a handheld steamer.
The steamers come in different sizes to fit customers’ needs. If you are travelling with a huge luggage or you need a steamer that will not take up a lot of space no the luggage bag, choose a small built steamer.
The weight of the steamer determines your comfort when working on your garments. Also, considering you are working with a handheld unit, make sure it is made of lightweight design. Most of the handheld steamers are made with weight capacity range of 4 to 10pounds.
The water tank
The water tank determines the number of clothes you can iron or steam with the unit. If you need a device that can work on bulky clothes or different fabric materials, ensure to choose steamer with a large water reservoir. Keep in mind that the larger the tank the more clothes you will be able to work on and vice versa.
Corded or cordless
The handheld steamers are designed with either cord or cordless form. The cordless steamer allows convenience in terms of movements and uses since you can remove wrinkles from different areas, while the corded one has to be connected to a power socket for it to function. But, the corded steamers are quite reliable since you can work on a large number of clothes, unlike the cordless which come with batteries with limited life.
The steamers are sold with warranties for quality and reliability purposes. Always choose a steamer with a warranty period of not more than one year.
If you need a versatile and reliable handheld steamer for home use or for travelling with, consider the above-reviewed models. They are easy to use and have high compatibility power where you can use them to iron different materials. Use the above buying guide to help you choose the right steamer for your travel or home use.
- Top 10 Best Stainless Steel Irons In 2021 Reviews
- Best Professional Facial Steamers | Microdermabrasion Machines Reviews
- Best Handheld Shower Heads in 2021 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Bedroom Armoires – Wardrobe Closets Reviews In 2021
- Best Cordless Handheld Vacuums in 2021 Reviews