Have you ever encountered a torrential downpour at highway speed? Well, without the right motorcycle rain gears, you’re more likely to get soaked to the bone. Also, in such a situation, things like waterproof GPS or tires built for the rain won’t do much to save you. Instead, you need a waterproof rain suit. But wait a minute. Don’t mistake this for cheap water-resistant varieties. What you need is a suit that’s 100% waterproof yet breathable enough to provide all-weather comfort. Not to mention, it should stay visible for other riders. But with a multitude of options out there, how can you tell the best motorcycle rain gears to buy?
Instead of stressing yourself with an overload of information, how about we make things a bit easier for you? Well, we’ve taken the time and energy to research the best waterproof motorcycle suits. But to avoid weighing you down with an endless list of options, we have narrowed down to the 10 best suits that offer the most value for your money.
10. Nelson-Rigg SR-6000-HVY-03-LG Stormrider Large Rain Suits
This rain suit is the first runners-up for the best-selling rain gear. The suit has a soft polyester shell that stretches for movement. Yet, it offers excellent protection from the elements. Together with a PVC backing, it offers a waterproof barrier that keeps you dry, even out in the storm. At the same time, this rain suit is highly breathable. Hence, it eliminates sweat and moisture, keeping you dry and cool in hot weather.
Again, the suit has Velcro storm flap and hood for added protection. Also, it uses a full-length zipper. It opens amply on both sides for easy on and off. Thanks to elasticized boot stirrups and waistband, this storm suit can cater to most size demands. Furthermore, the suit has reflective striping for excellent night visibility.
- Waterproof PVC backing keeps you dry in the wettest weather
- Soft-shell polyester and cooling vents make the suit extremely breathable
- Two large pockets provide ample storage
- Elasticized boot stirrups, waistband, and Velcro tabs allow for easy on and off
Read more: Best Electric Trailer Jacks Reviews
9. Viking Cycle Motorcycle Rain Gears for Men
Viking rain suit is an excellent choice for those that are on a tight budget. But that doesn’t make it any less efficient. For the record, it’s a go-to choice for most riders. The suit has a soft polyester shell that’s waterproof as well as windproof. Above all, it’s breathable. Hence, it can take a beating from most weather elements. Again, it’s wrinkle-free and doesn’t sag to provide a neat appearance.
Elastic waist hem, adjustable pants bottom, and Velcro closures ensure a comfortable and easy fit. Also, the suit has a heat shield that protects your calves from hot pipes. As for the reflective piping, it offers high visibility to keep you safe while riding at night.
- Waterproof and windproof polyester shell provides all-weather performance
- Removable stirrups keep the pants in position
- Heat-shield protects your legs from hot pipes
- Sag-free and wrinkle-free design offers a neat appearance
8. Harley-Davidson Mens Generations Waterproof Rain Suit
Harley Davidson does more than produce high-end bikes. The brand also boasts high-quality motorcycle gear. Take this rain suit, for instance. It’s among the best-rated models, and for a good reason. The suit is made of 100% waterproof nylon. Not only is it softer than polyester but also stronger.
Also, the suit has heat-resistant shields on the lower legs. For the record, it can withstand temperatures of up to 500 degrees Celsius. Adjustable tabs and bungee cord enable easy on and off. Moreover, the pants have removable stirrups that keep them in position. The jacket has reflective piping as well as graphics. As such, it keeps you safe when riding at night.
- Softer waterproof nylon keeps you dry, even in a heavy downpour
- The heat-resistant shield protects your legs from hot pipes and engine
- 3M Scotchlite material offers compliant visibility as well as comfort
- An adjustable hood protects your face from the elements
7. FROGG TOGGS All Sport Motorcycle Rain Suit
This rain suit is easily the best-selling model out there. Far from that, it also has the widest range of colours. For the record, it has up to 10 colour options to suit your taste. While most models have two layers, this rain suit has three. The outer and inner layers use a non-woven fabric blend. It’s not only flexible but also breathable to provide all-day comfort. Also, it offers unmatched wind resistance.
As for the middle layer, it creates a waterproof barrier. Though pretty lightweight, it offers unmatched wind resistance. Like the other layers, it’s also breathable to keep you cool and dry. Moreover, the pants have an adjustable leg opening and waistband to meet most size demands. As for the jacket, it has a full-length cut that enables you to move freely.
- 3 layers of non-woven fabric make the suit breathable, flexible, waterproof, and with unmatched wind resistance
- Widest range of colours to match your taste
- Full-length cutout enables you to move freely
- Fully-adjustable openings for easy on and off
6. NexGen Large Rain Suit for Men
The Next Generation rain suit has the most size options. Hence, it guarantees a perfect fit for any rider, whether tall or short, chubby or skinny. This waterproof suit has a hood that creates some sort of pillow on which the helmet nests. As a result, it reduces neck fatigue, especially on long rides. Also, the suit has a mesh lining. It provides excellent airflow and keeps the material from sticking to your skin.
The pants have a full-length zipper. It unzips all the way up, making suiting up a breeze. Furthermore, the suit has reflective tape and orange hue for excellent visibility.
- Waterproof shell keeps you dry, even in the storm
- Mesh lining provides ample airflow
- Bright orange hue and reflective tape offer excellent visibility
- Widest range of sizes accommodate all riders
5. Scoyco RC01 Motorcycle Racing Waterproof Jacket Pants Set Rain Suit
This rain suit is one of the best options for motocross racers. It fits like a glove to minimize drag. Also, it has one of the highest waterproof ratings. It’s 5000mm waterproof, making it ideal for any weather. Not to mention, it’s extremely breathable to keep you cool and dry in hot weather.
Ample Velcro closures and adjustable hem make the suit fully adjustable. Moreover, the hem on the pants can be adjusted to cover your boots. The jacket has a hideaway hood, which rolls down into the collar when not in use. Furthermore, the suit has large front pockets for personal belongings.
- 5000mm waterproof rating provides an all-weather performance
- Fully-adjustable hems offer a custom fit
- Hide-away hood shields your face from weather elements
- Large front pockets hold your personal belongings
4. Coleman PVC/Nylon Motorcycle Rain Suit
Coleman is known for its high-quality camping gear. Well, the brand has made a major leap in motorcycle gear as well. Take this rain suit, for instance. It has impressive feedback from customers, and for a good reason. First, it has a shiny PVC shell that adds a visual appeal. Not to mention, it offers a 100% waterproof barrier.
Moreover, the suit has a thin and lightweight nylon lining. It offers a smooth feeling for additional comfort. Also, the suit has built-in air vents that offer excellent airflow. Adjustable leg openings and drawstring waist provide a snug fit. So far, this is the only rain suit that comes with a carry bag for compact storage.
- Easy-access slit pockets provide ample storage
- Built-in air vents allow air to circulate freely
- 20mm PVC shell and nylon lining create a waterproof barrier
- Adjustable cuffs, waistband, and leg openings provide a snug fit
3. MOTO-BOY Motorcycle Rain Suit
Like the Coleman rain suit, this motorcycle suit comes with a convenient carry bag for compact storage. The suit adopts a multi-use design. For instance, you can wear on a fishing trip or in a game of golf. Also, it has a waterproof PU coating. It’s super-light, breathable, as well as windproof. The back and front of the jacket have a reflective strip to guarantee safety in low-lit conditions.
The waistband and cuffs are adjustable to provide a snug fit. As for the hood, it has a drawstring that folds it away when not in use. Furthermore, the leg openings have an anti-slip lining. Hence, there’s zero chance the pants will slide down during the ride.
- Stretch design improves wind resistance as well as provide a comfortable fit
- Multiple reflective materials improve visibility, both at night and in poor weather conditions
- The PU coating provides a waterproof, hard-wearing surface
- The anti-slip lining prevents the pants from sliding down
2. Tour Master Defender Street Bike Racing Motorcycle Rain Suit
Of all rain suits on our list, this is the only one that has suspenders on the pants. As such, it does an excellent job of holding up your trousers. Also, the suspenders can be adjusted to provide the desired fit. The suit has a strong yet soft nylon shell. Inside is a waterproof PU coating that makes the fabric resistant to abrasion.
Also, the suit has a breathable polyester lining that improves air circulation. The contoured collar fits snug around the neck. Not to mention, it has a soft microfiber lining that’s gentle on your skin. This rain suit has two side-entry pockets and a chest pocket to accommodate personal belongings.
- Hard-wearing PU coating offers a waterproof barrier
- The breathable polyester lining keeps your skin cool and dry
- Adjustable suspenders keep your pants from sliding down
- A soft microfiber neck lining offers additional comfort
1. SWISSWELL Men’s Waterproof Rain Suit
This rain suit adopts a pretty lightweight design. Hence, it provides all-day comfort. Not to mention, it’s easier to tuck away when not in use. Even then, it offers excellent resistance to weather elements. It has a 3000mm waterproof rating, enabling it to withstand light to average rain. Also, the suit has a mesh lining that allows your skin to breathe freely.
Moreover, this rain suit has a hood that shields your face from the rain and wind. Both the pants and the jacket have a drawstring waist to provide a snug fit. For the record, this rain suit tends to have a loose fit than most competitors. As such, it provides more freedom for movement.
- The lightweight design provides all-day comfort
- A waterproof shell and mesh lining provide all-weather comfort
- The loose-fit design offers maximum flexibility and comfort
- Drawstring closures offer an adjustable fit